Sunday 8 January 2012

Kilo to go Mercia ride out

Did the kilo to go Mercia ride out with Clive today.50 Miles from Wolverhampton to Telford,Bridgenorth and back to Wolverhampton.We cycled in the first group,leaving at 9am,of about 30 riders.We lost one cyclist who was hit by a car who was going to fast and didn't give way,about 10 miles out.Thank god he only sprained his ankle but he couldn't carry on.
We had a good run in initially sunny,later cloudy mild weather.There were some good climbs along the way and a quick foodstop half way.Climbing out of Bridgenorth I lost contact with Clive and I managed to cycle home with the 'fast' boys.Riding time 3hrs,4min - avg 16.4 mph.
Next ride will be this Wednesday(20 mile nightride with the club) followed by a 3hr ride at steady pace with the 'fast boys' of the club coming Saturday. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michiel,

    I have just found your blog and have linked in as a follower.

    I rode LEJOG in 2008 and last September I rode ROCK2UK- a ride from Gibraltar back to the UK.
    I look forward to following your preparations for your trip and the ride itself and closer to the date will mention it on my 'purpletraveller' blog.

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trevor.
      Great to hear your are following my blog.
      Did you ride LEJOG on your own or with others and how many days did it take you?
      I am doing LEJOG with 44 others organised by Discover Adventure.
      I hope you enjoy the blog.
      Best wishes,
      Michiel

      Delete