Saturday 21 April 2012

It's been a week ago that I rode the first time trial of the 2012 N&DCA season.78 riders from various cycle clubs had shown up and although I came 44th I had done the 19 miles in 51min25sec which was a lot faster than I had anticipated.The winners time was 41min28sec!This is nearly 30mph avg compared to my 22mph.No doubt there is still room for some improvement.
The next day I joined Clive to ride the Quattro,a sportive which goes through 4 counties, when doing the full 100 mile distance.We set off just after 830am in cool but sunny weather and did an extra loop of 10m soon after the start as one of the signs had been tempered with pointing us in the wrong direction. It wasn't a particular challenging sportive but nevertheless a very enjoyable one and after the one and only feedstop we hadded back to the start/finish with a nice tailwind.In the end we rode 59 miles in 3hr40min with an avg of 16mph.
Tomorrow I will ride the last big ride before LEJOG,the Peterborough 100 miles.Clive will be so kind to accompany me for the first 25 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment