Wednesday 2 May 2012

Day 2 LEJOG Liskeard to Tiverton.



Today was a day of crossing dartmoor,missing a left hand turn for Postbridge just after two bridges, subsequently getting lost and ending up via Dartmeet in Ashburton.
I found my way back to the assigned route via the A38(hairy with fast lorries zooming by) and then onto the most beautiful B road between Chudleigh and Dunsford along the Teign river.

After a very long descent towards Exeter(the road was actually was called the long way down) I was back on track and soon at the 2nd water stop.They were happy to see me as the word had spread that I must have got lost somewhere on the moor.After a quick drink and a banana I set off again for the last 18 miles of the day.

I arrived at Best Western Hotel in Tiverton round half 3 and met up with Phillip who heard my story and said he had arrived about 20min earlier.
After cleaning up my bike I treated myself to a nice pint of Exmoor Ale which went down a treat.
Then it was off to a nice hot shower and getting ready for the carvery diner.
Again I had lots of trouble logging on the Hotel wifi so ended up sitting next to reception to get a decent connection.Either this laptop is no good or I am having bad luck with getting on the Hotel wifi.We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Today:distance 77.9 miles,moving time 5hr46min,avg speed 13.5 mph,max speed 35.8 mph,elevation 6260 feet.
Total distance 152 miles,total moving time 10hr56min,total elevation 10794 feet

1 comment:

  1. Ha die Chiel!
    Wat spannend moet het daar geweest zijn in The Dartmoor. Rijden jullie ieder voor zich? Of in kleine groepjes? Laten we hopen dat je niet te vaak "verdwaald" Chiel!
    Dank voor het delen van je blogs & pictures en veel succes daar in het zuiden van de UK.
    Groetjes uit Eemnes,
    Maarten
    PS. Hoe waait de wind? South-West?

    ReplyDelete